Multi-national company in Galway looking for a Product Owner for a 12-month fixed-term contract. The company are looking for an experienced Product Owner to play a critical role in the development of the company’s Support Automation platform and support services. The platform will enable the development of an open ecosystem of automated support services for all styles of technology environments - from standalone servers to public clouds. The successful candidate will work in an Agile software engineering team building solutions for customers in Applied Intelligence and chat bot application.
· Typical tasks assigned to Product Owners include working with Product Managers to breakdown capabilities into features for all new functionality, presenting features to the product teams in grooming and design sessions, ensuring that new functionality meets the acceptance criteria so the work can be designated as complete.
· The Product Owner works with the Scrum Masters to prioritize user stories, participates in team planning meetings and is available to provide advice, clarification and guidance during the execution of each Sprint.
· The Product Owner inspects, accepts or rejects completed work from the development sprint.
· The Product Owner works in relevant structures (e.g. scrum of scrums) to manage dependencies and set priorities across multiple teams and backlog items and to maintain alignment to the release product vision and roadmap.
· The Product Owner has final sign-off of the product release at the different levels.
· The Product Owner is responsible for stakeholder management, such as release management, support, portfolio management, and company stakeholders.
· The Product Owner ensures that the product backlog is constantly prioritized to secure delivery of maximum business value.
· In determining relative business value of the backlog items, the Product Owner uses necessary inputs such as customer priorities and the need to address technical debt. The resultant product backlog is aligned with various stakeholders.
· Product Knowledge - Becomes a subject matter expert in the relevant product domains. It is expected that the Product Owner will quickly become an expert in the product from a feature / functionality perspective.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
· Experience in a product owner role
o Skilled at writing features, NFRs, creating acceptance criteria, prioritizing backlogs and roadmaps, crafting sprint and product goals to maximize business value
o Skilled at managing multiple, diverse teams with a wide variety of skillsets
o Experience with Agile Scrum and Kanban methodologies, particularly in a SAFe environment
· AI & data engineering background with experience implementing AI solutions
· Previous experience of developing chat bot applications an advantage.
· Knowledge of machine learning.
· Collaborative mindset, acting as the bridge between the product vision and the engineering teams.
· Ability to communicate effectively to senior management, peers and team members
· Demonstrated ability to work and deliver in global, cross-functional, and virtual teams
· Must thrive in a fast-paced, time-compressed and dynamic environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
· 3+ years of relevant product management, product owner, or business analysis experience in an agile environment
· 5+ years in software development environment
· SAFe PM/PO certification (SPMPO) is a plus