Our client, a leading Global Medical Device Company in Galway are seeking a Product Stewardship Specialist to join their Team. The function acts as a source of expertise within the division regarding product and chemical regulations and support the divisional program to comply with program elements.
The function is also responsible for providing environment, health, safety (EHS) support to ensure key EHS risks are appropriately managed and compliance is maintained during New Product Introduction (NPI) and technical transfers of global products
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Implement the divisional EHS strategy for continually improving the environment, health, safety, and sustainability attributes and impacts of our products,
- Provide supports to comply with Product Stewardship requirements
- Develops and maintains the Product Stewardship planning process including the annual evaluation of effectiveness of compliance of the Product Stewardship through self-assessment, risk assessment, product and regulatory changes;
- Manages overall risk at key global suppliers and third-party manufacturers by developing, implementing and maintaining long term risk reduction plans.
- Ensures internal EHS and operational leadership are aware of risks
- Monitors and understands key EHS regulatory requirements within important markets
- Regularly communicates a high-level summary on the areas of responsibility to management.
- Identify emerging regulations or new requirements impacting products or chemicals
- Complies with all regulations and procedures in scope of the Product Stewardship
- Ensures compliance through impact assessments and implementation of strategies.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in EHS, Engineering, Chemistry, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in R&D, operations, technical support, EHS, quality or regulatory. Experience in product stewardship preferred.
- Develops scenarios to give management a set of viable alternatives and recommends actions.
- Drives functional performance that meets required standards and regulatory compliance.
Contact Brenda on 0858723761, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this role