Our client is a global technology leader that operates with the vision of bringing revolutionary products to life for a wide range of industries, including power and rail, and also has interests in a number of R&D projects in a variety of scientific sectors. They believe in high quality engineering and design and it is these beliefs that have led them to be a market leader within their sector.
As part of the growth and restructuring plans within their manufacturing team our client is looking for an ambitious and experienced Production Leader to assume responsibility and accountability for a production team.
- Provide leadership and value stream performance metrics.
- Oversee all appropriate actions to ensure health and safety is paramount in the work area.
- Ensure all areas meet production schedules in a cost effective and quality focused manner.
- Utilize resources, including people, material to achieve cost, quality and inventory management targets.
- Monitoring customer delivery performance, cost reduction programs, lead-time improvements, and quality improvement projects against all metric targets.
- Implementing lean manufacturing, 6 Sigma and all other appropriate continuous improvement programmes.
- Promoting engagement, learning and professional development for direct and indirect reports.
- Developing and setting of goals for areas of responsibility
- Assessing overall training requirements and deploying a plan to meet the needs of the function.
- You will have a relevant qualification in a manufacturing / production / technical discipline, preferably third level degree.
- You will be able to demonstrate a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a technical manufacturing & design environment, in a relevant regulated industry sector such as utility, automotive, defence, aerospace, transportation, medical etc.
- Highly effective and professional communicator and leader who fosters partnerships and works across boundaries to achieve results.
- You will have advanced leadership and people management skills with an understanding of Best Practice, Continuous Improvement and Lean techniques.
- A strong grasp of Quality Management standards, such as ISO 9001, and a practitioner of product development, manufacturing and supply chain best practice – Lean, Six Sigma, TQM etc.
- Previous experience of working with product development cycles and NPI programmes – grasping the need to meet and exceed end customer service level expectation.
- Self-directing and able to work under pressure to achieve problem resolutions.
- Detail conscious with a focus on key metrics that measure business performance.