Production Manager wanted for North Cork based Manufacturing plant. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of Plant.
They will take responsibility for the planning, management and implementation of process development and improvement activities and specific project activities with due consideration for line efficiencies, costs, deadlines and quality.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Initiates, implements, and manages the operations of the feed mill plant based on best practices.
· Communicates directly with all departments in the production of feed and the management of the Milling operations ensuring that all product is produced to the required quality standard
· Monitors the use and maintains accurate inventories of raw materials, initiates reordering when necessary.
· Use Continuous Improvement (CI) tools to drive process improvements and problem solving within the feed mill operations
· Monitor key production metrics such as throughput, Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), production schedule compliance, etc. and initiate improvement plans where required.
· Manage and collaborate with plant operations personnel ensuring they are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the production program can be accomplished daily.
· Be a strong representative for our ZeroHarm Culture.
· Ensure safe work practices are observed and ensure the requisite PPE is worn within designated areas.
· Report accidents/incidents/ observations and complete any documentation as required.
· Promote a safety-first culture, quickly identify & resolve any safety hazards.
· Conducts employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of production personnel.
· Develop the LMS (Learning Management System) for the department to incorporate the necessary content and media that will facilitate the ongoing training and development of department personnel.
· Manages the grain operations on site including the intake, treatment and drying at harvest time
· Responsible for the development and implementation of the plant hygiene programme.
· Responsible for the development and implementation of a plant calibration programme.
· Raise purchase requisitions relevant to the manufacturing process and GRN same.
· Maintains safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures.
· Ensure state and EU regulations relating to the production and sale of animal feedstuffs are always adhered to.
The successful candidates will:
· Have a B.Agr.Sc / Process Engineering / Mechanical Engineering degree or similar qualification
· 2+ years relevant experience. Previous use of Oracle and ERP Systems is advantageous.
· Capable of understanding the underlying processes across the full remit of the role.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others at all levels in the organisation and a proven working relationship with people.
· Provide leadership and motivation to create a strong team culture within the production department and drive a culture of Continuous Improvement within the department
· Strong business acumen.
· Proven track record of strong organisational skills, ability to prioritise tasks, adapt to changing priorities, deliver on targets and meet task / project deadlines.
· A positive and flexible attitude and self-starting ability.
· Good understanding of planned and preventative maintenance.
For more information please call Christina Keating on 021 4944872 or email firstname.lastname@example.org