Production Manager - Chester
We are currently working with a market leading company within the glass processing industry, this company have been pushing the boundaries of what’s possible with glass and it’s because of this they have gained such a good reputation on the market. We are currently assisting them with their recruitment for a Production Manager
The Production Manager will be responsible for managing the end-to-end process of the production operation. They will be responsible for monitoring all operational aspects, including the consistent application of processes and procedures, ensuring that products are produced in line with the agreed production plan and compliance with all health and safety regulations and Company policies.
Hours - 4pm-1am Mon to Fri
· Liaising with dispatch, quality assurance, and other relevant parties to ensure prompt production of product in line with the production plan.
· Effectively communicating with Senior Management and the Sales Team
· Clear and concise handovers with Day Shift Production Manager
· Monitoring output and driving maximum productivity
· Actively resolve issues to reduce downtime through re-allocation of resources or escalation of issues.
· Root Causing and minimising shortages
· Managing process and material flows and space management within area.
· Monitor and improve line / equipment capacity to meet business needs.
· Accurate completion of all necessary documentation.
· Ensure machines / equipment are maintained and working correctly.
· Ensure all materials and equipment is available for the line to run smoothly.
· Ensure employees are trained to do their work
· Maintaining Housekeeping at a high level
· Motivating and leading the production team
· Ensure all performance issues are dealt with in a constructive and prompt manner, escalating to HR where appropriate
· Ensure all H&S Policies and procedures are adhered to by driving H&S compliance
· Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a production manager role
· Glass processing experience a distinct advantage but not essential
· Excellent leadership skills
· Capable of managing a full shift pattern for a large production team
Apply now or contact me (Richard) for more information - email@example.com / 07387417276