Production Operations Manager, joinery & fitout
Joinery Commercial & Retail Fitouts
South west Dublin
circa €70,000 plus
Welcoming applications from experienced hands on production leaders in the Carpentry / Joinery commercial & retail fitout and manufacturing sector. Our client, is a well-established high-end commercial retail shop-fit, bespoke joinery & design company, dedicated to retail and commercial fitouts. Specialists in design, in-house manufacturing, and installation of retail commercial premises predominantly in the Dublin area.
Your role; is to ensure an efficient and productive manufacturing process that meets and exceeds customer expectations.
Duties & Responsibilities will include;
• Plan resources, manage timelines, organise and oversee the manufacturing and installation of high quality goods.
• Be responsible for the smooth running of all production lines and the quality of output.
• Manage the manufacturing process and fitout elements of various commercial and retail projects.
• Oversee the production process, drawing up production schedule
• Estimating and procurement to ensure that production is cost effective
• Decide what resources are required
• Draft timescales for the jobs
• Estimate costs and set quality standards
• Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed
• Be responsible for the selection and maintenance of machinery
• Monitor product standards and implement quality control programmes
• Liaise among different departments e.g. sales team, suppliers, design team, operatives managers
• Be part of the management team and drive company policies and goals
• Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed
• Supervise and motivate team
• Review work performance
• Identify training needs
• Chair production meetings to communicate weekly requirements to each of the production departments.
• Work with the sales personnel in developing prototypes for new product introductions.
• Build / develop a motivated, competent and results focused manufacturing team
• Play a key role in the quality control and review processes to continually improve.
To be considered for this position you will have;
• 3 – 5 years experience in a production management position.
• Previous hands on experience in furniture manufacture.
• Proven track record in the furniture/joinery sector
• Deep understanding of modern timber manufacturing techniques
• Experience in Estimating fitouts and sourcing materials
• Planning and organisation skills with strong communication skills to lead the overall manufacturing process.
• Proven ability to act decisively and solve staff , customer or equipment related problems
• Capacity to grasp concepts easily
• ICT Literacy to deal with various technologies and programmes
• Attention to detail to ensure high levels of quality
• Ability to work under pressure and motivate others to meet tight deadlines
• Ability to work in a logical systemic manner
• High cabinetry skill level
• Trade / Third level qualification in a furniture manufacturing ( B.Sc. Furniture Manufacture and Design), Joinery / Carpentry
• Experience in implementing lean manufacturing tools an advantage
• CAD experience preferable but not essential
Customer Focused, Clear leadership and ability to direct personnel & teams towards maximum performance.
Planning, timely & quality decision-making.
Apply now by sending a copy of your up to date cv dealing your relevant skills , qualifications and experience.
for enquiries call Darina 01 6390391 dd in confidence