Our client, one of Ireland's leading technology manufacturer's is seeking a Production Supervisor for their west Galway site. You must have previously worked in a similar role. You will work on a rotating shift including night shift (typically 12 nights in every 8-week period).
• Ensure that employees and visitors work safely in accordance to the company’s systems of work.
• To contribute to the H&S team in continually revising the safety system.
• Promote the growth of staff development, including training and performance management Responsibility for day-to-day operations in the production area.
• Ensure communication to staff of products, policies and procedures as necessary.
• Facilitate continuous improvement activities.
• Smooth running of operations on shift.
• Display leadership and guidance to the production team, promote and implement systems and initiatives.
• To instruct and assign tasks to employees.
• Plan staffing levels to maintain optimum levels of output.
• Adhere to, and enforce security, quality policies and procedures.
• Regular reporting to the management team as required.
• Manage timely purchase of essential departmental supplies within departmental budget.
• Ensure all production documentation is completed and submitted in a timely manner.
• Maintain a professional & satisfactory work environment for staff.
• Recruit staff as required.
• To demonstrate decision-making with a reasoning for interpretation of right & wrong.
• Monitor performance to metrics; manage resources and priorities to achieve targets.
• Assist in the development and transfer of new processes.
• Attend and deliver training sessions when required.
• Have a minimum of 1+ years’ experience in a similar supervisory or management position.
• Third level qualification in an engineering discipline is an advantage.
• Display flexible, communicative, and team-working attributes.
• Previous experience in RFID card manufacturing or secure printing industry a distinct advantage
• Qualification of a quality discipline (e.g lean process, six sigma) an advantage.
• Ability to effectively communicate in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to communicate in German an advantage
• Ability to read and interpret product drawing, specifications, international technical standards, etc.
For an immediate interview please forward your CV using the apply button
Or call Brian Steede 091507596 for a confidential conversation