Our client, one of Ireland's leading technology manufacturer's is seeking a Production Support Technician for their West Galway site. You must have previously worked in a similar role, you will work on a rotating shift including night shift (typically 12 nights in every 8-week period).
· Maintain a safe place of work for all employees and visitors in accordance to the company’s systems of work.
· Provide feedback to engineering, product management regarding product problems and possible enhancements.
· Provide comprehensive 1st line technical support to production lines and facilities.
· Interface with other departments in the resolution of technical problems.
· Carry out planned and unplanned maintenance on plant and equipment.
· Manage spare parts and stock of consumables within the stock control system.
· Resolve and communicates performance problems by telephone and e-mail.
· Complete and retain technical documentation.
o Develop process/ equipment documentation.
· Maintain accurate records of technical information, summary of problem resolution.
· Assist in continuous improvement of products and procedures.
· Adhere to company policies and procedures.
· Complete CPD as required.
· Attend training sessions when required.
· The successful candidate must have at least 3 years working in a production equipment environment and have proven skills in one or more of the following; PC Control: Electrical Control Systems: PLC’s: Pneumatics.
· The successful candidate must possess a “can-do” attitude, be a good team worker, and be flexible in relation to production demands and duties.
· Previous experience in RFID card manufacturing or secure printing industry a distinct advantage.
· Ability to effectively communicate in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to communicate in German an advantage
· Ability to read and interpret product drawing, specifications, international technical standards, etc.
· Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
· Familiar with operating systems, such as Windows, etc.
· Compliance to all relevant policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems.
· Travel and fieldwork, including international travel may be required. Therefore, employee must possess, or be able to acquire a valid passport.
· Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which you are hired.
For an immediate interview please forward your CV using the apply button or call Brian Steede on 091507596 for a confidential conversation.