This role has a broad range of responsibilities and core functions that relate to registration/authorisation of members and firms, firm monitoring, CPD review, and enforcement. It will also involve participation in ongoing digital transformation initiatives taking place within the Institute working with key stakeholders and the leadership team.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience in a regulatory, technical or compliance role gained in a statutory audit environment or in a professional body.
- Responsible for the oversight and management of the professional authorisations functions which include issuing Practising Certificates, granting firm registrations/authorisations and the maintenance of current information on these firms via the firm annual return process, all conducted in accordance with relevant Institute regulatory requirements, underpinned by legislation in Ireland and the UK.
- This position will provide opportunities for involvement on change initiatives such as process simplification and automation projects.
- People Management responsibilities including talent development, performance management, employee relations, recruitment, and workforce planning.
- Approval of individual and firm applications relating to public practice and provision of regulated services (including statutory audit, investment business, anti-money laundering supervision)
- Ensuring statutory registers remain up to date in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Dealing with inquiries and queries from members and firms relating to registration requirements.
- Managing reviews of this function by external oversight bodies – IAASA, FRC and others.
- Maintenance of processes and procedures to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Contributing to the ongoing development and enhancement of relevant Institute Regulations – including Public Practice Regulations, Audit Regulations, Investment Business, AML Regulations.
- Managing the operation of various MoU provisions relating to the exchange of information between relevant regulatory bodies.
- Management of the annual returns process applicable to firms and members.
- The successful candidate will be a member of a Recognised Accountancy Body/Recognised Supervisory Body with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience, primarily spent in a statutory audit environment or in a professional body.
- Minimum of 5 years should be at a supervisory/Management level with the ability to nurture and develop talent within the team.
- The candidate will ideally have experience in a regulatory, technical or compliance role and possess the credibility to develop and maintain constructive working relationships with external oversight bodies and be proactive in developing workable solutions to matters that may be raised from time to time by these parties.
An attractive salary & benefits package is on offer for the right candidate.
For further details please apply directly below.