We have recently started working with a specialist engineering company who have been experiencing a real stage of growth recently and are looking to add a number of people to their contracts team, including a Project Administrator.
The Project Administrator will be there to assist with the day-to-day administration of minor works projects currently at pre-construction/ construction stage. Reporting directly to the Contracts Manager the main duties and responsibilities being as follows:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assisting the minor works team in of all aspects of water & wastewater pumping and treatment installations from concept to handover
- Purchasing and acquisition of BOQ items for projects including labour, parts and materials
- Quality checking documentation such as tenders, reports and schedules
- Maintaining and updating issue logs, registers and cost trackers
- Organising timely delivery of goods and materials by arranging 3rd party carriers as and when required
- Generating and updating quotations & invoices
- Writing up minutes and actions following meetings and calls
- Assisting H&S manager with the HSQE documents
- Liaising with the Contracts Manager and updating on work progress on a regular basis
- To perform the job in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- To perform any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
- Computer literate - must be proficient in MS office (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Grade C or above in English and Maths at GCSE Level (Higher and Further education desirable)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Strong collaborative skills with an ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Mechanical/ electrical engineering background will be an advantage
- Graduate Engineers welcome
- Clean Full UK driving licence is desirable