Dublin North west
Our client is a top class medical device company, based in Dublin West. With a great reputation and organisation culture, they are seeking an experienced Project Engineer to join their team. In this mid size company, you will be more than just a number, and won't be pigeon holed to just one aspect of projects. You will be involved in all aspects from project scoping to delivery.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the purpose of this role is to support the Technical Services Department in delivering solutions to improve Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost. Manages projects from small and medium to large engineering projects related to the manufacturing of active pharmaceutical ingredients. Involvement typically runs from conception through design, construction, start-up and validation. Directs the project activities of outsourced engineers and designers where required.
The key result areas that you will be involved in are:
- Primary plant resource for large project management (>>€1M, multi-disciplinary projects).
- Support the overall site strategic plan by ensuring investment is targeted to ensure plant reliability, process reliability and the mission critical goals.
- Manage detailed design and specifications to outside engineering firms on engineering projects.
- Represent the site / company in contracts with outside vendors, contractors ,engineers , regulatory authorities and consultants on a frequent basis during execution of a major project.
- Advise plant management on best courses of action on projects, technical matters and project economics.
- Analyse and propose solutions to technical problems and consider alternate projects.
- Possess a high level of proficiency in a technical core competency.
- Ensure project structures are in line with best practice and corporate guidelines.
- Develop Project KPI’s and report project performance to corporate as required.
- Work with personnel from Manufacturing, Process Development, Maintenance, Quality, EHS, Commercial and Financial organizations to develop project scopes, schedules, and cost estimates
- Manages safety action closure, method statements, validation activities, risk assessments, etc on assigned projects.
- Manage any additional contract resources as required.
- Manage engineering projects from conception through start-up. Directly supervises both staff and contract engineers where applicable.
Applicants must have
- Engineering Degree or equivalent an advantage
- 7+ years industrial experience in a projects or engineering role.
- Budget Awareness/adherence
- Good influencing skills
- Proven communication skills and an ability to interface with clients/vendors etc.
- Ability to use leadership skills (& behaviours) to positively manage and motivate others and get the best results through others.
- Strong problem resolution, judgement and decision-making skills.
- Detailed knowledge & demonstration of Project Management essential.
- Formal Project Management training and certification is desirable
- Ability to generate and manage projects to schedule.
- A sound working knowledge of safety legislation and safety methodology.
- Experience with PSDP and PSCS compliance.
- Capable of setting clear priorities and organising work and making quality decisions in a fast paced business setting.
- Management of API capital projects >€5M an advantage.
My client are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
For more information, contact Aisling Murray on 087 4671309 or via email email@example.com