SUMMARY OF JOB:
The position will provide leadership for a program dedicated to the identification, development, delivery and deployment of inspection technology projects designed to drive Quality and Value improvements across the Depuy Synthes Business. This role lead a team dedicated to technology development and will provide subject matter on key technology to the wider engineering and quality team.
1. New Technologies
1.1. Leads the activities to identify, investigate and develop a portfolio of inspection technologies to be deployed in our manufacturing plants to improve Quality and Value across DePuy Synthes.
1.2. Interfaces with Quality, Operations and Engineering teams across Depuy Synthes to identify needs, opportunities and capabilities and to ensure the successful deployment of technologies within the sites.
1.3. Work with all value stream and plants WW to analyze rationale, investment requirements, development timing, market potential, and return on investment for all new technology
1.4. Oversee the specification and purchase of capital equipment during development ensuring balance between optimizing technological capabilities and return on investment.
1.5. Ensure Lean principles are embedded into all technology development activities
1.6. Interface and manage relationships with critical business stakeholders to ensure the successful adoption of all technologies across the Business (Regulatory, Design, Operations, Quality, Engineering)
1.7. Demonstrates thorough knowledge of manufacturing impact on product performance as perceived by the customer
1.8. Manage technology development collaboration efforts with area SME’s, strategic partners and academic and research institutes.
1.9. Awareness of Regulatory aspects in relation to the current and future technology trends
2. Process Development
2.1. Manage process development activities for the development of innovative processes that facilitate quality improvements and cost reduction across in the manufacturing environment
2.2. Identify and manage relationships with third party vendors that provide critical process and product development support
3. Operations Development
3.1. Identify and establish a research capability platform that will enable transformational changes in process capability at DePuy with particular focus on Inspection, Process analytical technology (PAT), Automation and Integration.
3.2. Support and drive the implementation of Lean Equipment Design Methodologies
3.3. Develop “Best in Class” implementation processes for Technology Teams
4. Business Results
4.1. Provides guidance to product and technology development teams
4.2. Identify capital spend and budget requirements for Technology Projects
4.3. Promote a quality-focused culture within the team, ensuring adherence to cGMP’s and Quality Systems as defined in the Quality Manual
4.4. Provide timely and accurate central reporting on project activities to the project sponsors, stakeholders and senior management.
5. Organizational & Talent Development
5.1. Is an influential team member, fully motivated to achieve and demonstrate best practices in line with the department and Site/Corporate objectives
5.2. Supports teamwork and staff development through a commitment to mentoring and technical leadership
5.3. Implement Program and Project Management Best Practices within the OTD Function.
5.4. Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the OTD Function.
6. Complexity & Change
6.1. Performs pioneering engineering work as part of major programs
6.2. Develop and maintain an environment of continuous improvement and process excellence
6.3. Responsible for the management and justification of capital investment requirements in line with business growth
6.4. Successfully integrate new technologies and processes into existing manufacturing operations ensuring good performance metrics and capacity planning
6.5. Manage the integration of Operational and R&D groups for the execution of complex technical projects
7. Customer & Marketplace focus
7.1. Instill and maintain a sense of urgency and customer focus within the Technology team.
7.2. Prioritize projects in line with business requirements & strategic Engineering Excellence objectives.
7.3. Act as voice of the customer.
8. Collaboration & Teaming
8.1. Work with engineering managers WW to ensure consistency within the engineering function at a plant wide level.
8.2. Lead or actively participate in relevant cross-functional virtual teams to ensure projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner
8.3. Develop collaborative networks with J&J and MD Corporate Franchises
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED (TO PERFORM THE JOB TO ACCEPTABLE STANDARD)
• Flexible work ethic
• Strong influencing skills - Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
• Problem solving skills – To assist in maintaining project progress and on design issues.
• Decision Making – Required to make decisions on technical and management issues.
• Degree of responsibility – Must be capable of managing and developing the team.
• Excellent Planning & Organizing Skills
• Extent of Confidentiality - Discretion is essential in view of contact with outside parties, product development strategies & regulatory.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
1. 5+ years’ experience in Science, Engineering or a related Discipline and a Degree in Science, Engineering or a related Discipline
2. Previous project management & people management expertise on developing and implementing new technologies.
3. Proven Track Record in an Engineering Role within a Life Sciences Organisation
4. Proven Track Record in High Tech Operational Role
5. Demonstrated experience in the development of new technologies
6. Proven Track Record in the development and implementation of complex new technologies
7. Proven Track record collaborating with R&D and Operational functions to enable the delivery of complex Medical device Products and processes
8. Proven Track Record in the delivery of cross functional projects
1. Ph.D or equivalent experience
2. Experience in multiple verticals across Life Sciences (Pharma, Med Tech, Bio)
- Posted date 22 September 2020
- LocationUnited Kingdom
- Job type Temp