My client, a global pharmaceutical company in South Dublin, is currently recruiting for a Project Engineer. This is a full-time permanent position within the Technical Services Department; reporting to the Process and Capex Projects Engineering Manager.
The role will lead projects, taking the role of Engineering Team Leader, from project registration right through to validation/commissioning and hand over, as per Engineering SOP for ‘Project Management’ ensuring that projects are completed to specification, within budget and on programme. This role will work cross functionally with groups such as Quality, Regulatory Authorities, external consultants
Roles and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- To liaise with the project requester and define exactly the project brief.
- To attend regular planning meetings as required to ensure plant downtime is agreed.
- Follow procedures which ensure that standards of quality and safety are maintained while optimising capacity, flexibility and operability
- To immediately report to the Engineer Project Manager any deviations from the project plan which would have an impact on quality, specification, programme or cost.
- To plan, manage, co-ordinate the ’front-end’ design of the project whilst evaluating quality and value relative to practicalities.
- Preparation of equipment specifications, budget estimates, scope documents, IA submittals, purchase requisitions, cost control data sheets, meeting minutes and circulation of same.
- To prepare installation specifications as per Standard Procedures and to complete AWP’s for all work.
- To act as safety lead in line with construction regulations 2013 and appoint PSDP and / or PSCS as required. Also, to ensure EHS risk assessment carried out and actioned prior to capital submittal.
- Ensure that change control procedures are strictly adhered to.
- To ensure that current regulations, standards and work practices are adhered to for all project work, i.e. FDA, HSA, HPRA, EPA, British Standards, USP, ETCI etc.
- To oversee and control CAD services to ensure drawings are registered, prepared, checked, approved, circulated and controlled as per SOP
- To source, select, procure, inspect, approve and oversee installation of equipment, machines and systems.
Key skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate must have third level Engineering qualification (NFQ Level 8 or higher)
- Lean qualification is desirable.
- For Engineers working on ‘Direct-Impact’ projects, they should have minimum 3 years pharma experience, and 5 years total experience. For Engineers working on ‘Indirect – Impact’ projects, they should have minimum 5 years’ experience
For a full Job Spec and to apply for this role please call Zoe on +353 1 2784671 or e-mail email@example.com
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com Tel: +353 1 2784671