The role will involve providing project engineering/management support for a number of site based capital process, utilities and facilities projects through support of internal project design, construction, commissioning and handover.
The role will primarily involve conceptual and detailed design support and co-ordination, project budget and schedule management, project resource and contractor management, equipment procurement, interfacing with Maintenance, EHS, Quality and Operations Depts.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting all phases of capital projects from concept through to implementation and close-out. Support design, construction, commissioning and qualification, project schedule and cost.
- Help maintain a strong safety culture and performance in the implementation of capital projects.
- Help ensure successful delivery of projects which meet business needs. Deliver cost effective projects in line with our project management procedures and best practices.
- Developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with stakeholders.
- Identify effective & innovative engineering design solutions which meet project client / end user requirements.
- Plan and support the delivery of projects which meet all regulatory requirements including safety, quality and environmental requirements.
- Ensure that equipment qualification activities are completed in line with site procedures, cGMP and best practices.
- Develop and improve new and existing standards within the engineering department improving the service offered to clients/end-users
- Generate and maintain project schedules to plan and track project activities over the life-cycle of the project
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Candidates should hold at minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Process) and at least 3 years project engineering experience in the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with demonstrated capability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organisation is required.
- Ideally experience at an API manufacturing site (e.g. experience with piping systems, drying systems, reactors, centrifuges, vacuum, heat/cooling systems etc)