We have recently started working with a specialist engineering company who have been experiencing a real stage of growth recently and are looking to add a number of people to their contracts team, including a Project Manager.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the planning, management, coordination and financial control of projects within the municipal and industrial waste water treatment plants, water treatment plants and various pumping stations. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Electrical or Mechanical Project Manager to join a fast paced and innovative company.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the Contracts Manager and assisting in the following areas:
- Project management of all aspects of the project from awarding of contract to handover of all documentation
- Design development - Design risk assessments, developing and modifying design drawings, HAZOP’s and design development reviews with the Client & management
- Purchasing and acquisition of BOQ items for projects including labour, parts and materials
- Liaising with the Contracts Manager and insuring an efficient delivery and handover of projects
- Project planning and monitoring – Ensuring all project milestones are achieved.
- Managing & organising site personnel & external contractors. Liaising with both suppliers and Client through progress meetings & site visits. Monitoring project budgets and updating cost trackers
- Ensuring safe work practices are always being carried out during all installations and reporting back to the H&S Manager
- Completing/ reviewing and issuing documentation – engineering reports, RAMS, operation & maintenance manuals, works operating manuals, asset data spreadsheets, commissioning and handover documents
- Working with the client after the construction phase for training and support
- Reporting to the Contracts Manager and providing daily updates on progress
- Assisting with tenders as required – design, pricing and quality documentation
- To perform the job in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures
- To perform any other duties as may be reasonably be required from time-to-time.
- Degree in an engineering discipline desirable but depending on experience may not be essential
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in project management
- Knowledge of Industrial WwTW will be an advantage
- Must be proficient MS office including Word, Excel & Outlook
- Must have clean Full driving licence
- Excellent inter-personal skills and communication skills
- Strong engineering analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong collaborative skills with an ability to work effectively in a team environment