Our client, a state organisation, is seeking to recruit a Building Services Project Manager to manage the development of specific maintenance contracts for the facilities in premises in Meath and facility upgrades for medical facilities located in Dublin north. As part of the Maintenance Support Division, you will work closely with the Engineering Maintenance Bases to ensure that the optimum conditions are created.
We are looking for a candidate who has a good technical knowledge in both mechanical and electrical services. We require the candidate to have good electrical/mechanical knowledge together with good office skills / technical report writing. The ideal candidate would be of a mech./elec background possibly having previously worked as a commissioning engineer and also worked in an engineering design office
- Be responsible for the management and supervision of facilities management companies, service contracts and landlord service providers.
- Management and operation of Building Management Systems.
- Public procurement protocol and tendering procedures.
- Process invoices in relation to maintenance works and contracts, write up purchase orders and verify invoices.
- Maintain records associated with staff, timesheets, work requisitions, work in progress etc.
- Development of work schedules for personnel and contractors.
- Ensure compliance with the Safety Health and Welfare at Work (Construction Regulations 2001) in relation to maintenance and minor capital works.
- Assist in carrying out annual safety audits in areas under your control.
- Assist the Health & Safety Officer on the updating of the relevant safety statements and procedures.
- Maintain and manage fire safety programmes for facilities under your control.
To be considered for the role you must:
- Hold a third level qualification (Level 7) in a Building Discipline or relevant Engineering discipline.
- Have 5 years post qualification experience of which 2 years experience must be in the management and supervision of staff relating to the maintenance.
- Have experience in the design and/ or construction of buildings and building services.
- Have experience carrying out building inspections/audits.
- Have a working knowledge of Health & Safety regulations and risk management.
- Have successfully undertaken or be willing to undertake the Solas Safe Pass Health & Safety Awareness Training Programme
- Have good numeracy/ financial and written composition skills
- Have extensive administrative and office management experience.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint).
Ideally you will:
- Have significant knowledge of technical problem solving, construction techniques, building services, maintenance management.
- Demonstrate good knowledge and experience of budget/cost management and contract management.
- Have effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have ability to evaluate information, solve problems and make effective decisions.
- Have ability to plan and manage work and resources effectively.
Attractive 2 year contract role with potential for exention / permanency. Salary is circa 50k– 55k.
Send your CV now in confidence. Call Darina on 0866078982 for enquiries.