Managing all phases of capital projects from concept through to implementation and close-out. Manage design, construction, commissioning and qualification, project schedule and cost.
- Maintain a strong safety culture and performance in the implementation of capital projects.
Provide support from an engineering perspective for customer and regulatory inspections.
· Drive the development and implementation of new techniques, systems and initiatives to enhance the delivery of capital projects. Champion continuous improvement efforts with particular focus on right first time and lean methodologies.
- Identify effective & innovative engineering design solutions which meet project client / end user requirements.
- Plan and deliver projects which meet all regulatory requirements including safety, quality and environmental requirements.
- Management of A/E & construction firm contracts and associated deliverables.
- Develop and improve new and existing standards within the engineering department improving the service offered to clients/end-users
- Develop and maintain project control plans and budgets. Prepare financial and technical submissions for project capital funding approval. Present project data in the form of project progress updates, cost projections and risk management plans.
- Manage multi discipline project stakeholder input as required for successful project delivery
- Generate and maintain project schedules to plan and track project activities over the life-cycle of the project
· The candidate must have a strong understanding of the key business drivers of the industry.
· Candidates should hold at minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and at least 5 years project management experience in the Pharmaceutical industry.
· The candidate should have experience of managing capital projects with a value > $5M.
· Excellent communication and organisational skills with demonstrated capability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organisation is required.
· Advanced qualifications, PMP certification and chartered engineer status are all desirable.