The Pfizer Global Technology & Engineering (GTE) Team provides Project & Program Leadership on complex change projects in support of Pfizer’s External Supply Business Unit. The scope covered is typically product/process transfers from 1 manufacturing location to another, as well as source change of APIs. The receiving site or API change location is a non-Pfizer site i.e. a 3rd party manufacturing location (CMO).
The Project Manager deals with a muiti-functional team of people from across Pfizer and the CMO.
- Can work independently to meet key deliverables and milestones in addition to being able to effectively lead a matrix team.
- Builds & manages the Schedule; this includes task forecasting and ensuring controls are in place to anticipate adherence / slippage vs plan and ensure mitigating actions are in place, as required.
- Establishment and management of routine team meetings to facilitate plan updates, decision-making, problem solving, escalations e.g. resourcing gaps, mitigations vs non-adherence to plan.
- The scope of the role typically covers Drug Product transfers to and between 3rd party sites; may also include other relevant changes such as API source changes.
- Provides timely and thorough project update reports to customers, via the established cadence and process.
- Partners with all other functions responsible for progress of the change project, typically Pfizer Quality, External Supply Operations, Supply Chain, Artwork team, Regulatory, Receiving site CMO.
- Maintains oversight on Project budget; manages project risks i.e. leads the development of risk assessment and mitigations with the project team.
- Administrative activities for the project such as action/issue item tracking, generation of meeting minutes, coordination of focused working sessions between sending and receiving sites and follow up on actions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing unit processes; understanding of the Pharma regulatory environment, while not essential, would be advantageous.
- Minimum of a Degree in a Science or Engineering discipline with at least 5 years of project management experience. Project management skills to include experience of successful delivery of projects on schedule and to budget.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to articulate a problem and communicate effectively. Intuitive and focused on Achieving results.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills (leadership, integrity, team orientation, flexibility and creativity)
- Experience of working remotely in a matrixed & virtual environment.
TECHNICAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Project Management capabilities
- Highly structured individual who can work with significant complexity and in the “grey space”.
- Strong knowledge of Pharmaceutical manufacturing essential.
- Self-driven and works independently to achieve milestones & goals.
- Seeks help with scope when appropriate
The role is primarily office-based and virtual. Not expected to sit at a Pfizer site location. Travel to external meetings and CMOs may be required.