Our client, a leading energy trading company, is seeking to recruit a Project Operations & Maintenance Lead to coordinate the handover phase of the project from construction into the operational phase. The successful candidate will be responsible for the integration of the new plant into the existing company systems and procedures including commissioning of the facility and subsequent operations.
The key responsibilities:
- Facilitate the provision of Operations & Maintenance insights during the Detailed Engineering Phase.
- Manage the execution of Operations &Maintenance scope including pro-actively managing Contractors ensuring safe and timely delivery.
- Managing and monitoring the programme for the delivery of the site enablement O&M work scopes.
- Provide commissioning supervision & guidance where required.
- Ensure operational & maintenance staff receive the training required to safely operate and maintain the new plant.
- Integration of new plant into company systems
- Facilitate the handover from project team to site Operations & Maintenance team.
- Be the focal point for warranty and PSA management.
- Produce progress reports and attend/chair meetings as required.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- A degree in Chemical & Industrial or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Extensive Operations & Maintenance experience obtained from working on thermal power generation assets.
- Experience with leading and delivering the handover from Projects to the Operations & Maintenance team.
- Experience with managing the delivery of brownfield modification projects at power generation and/or similar hazardous environments.
- Experience with implementing a training programme for O&M teams.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment where safety is paramount.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and team-working skills, with the ability to work independently
- A leader in delivering operational requirements
- Strong planning and, decision making skills.
- Ability to resolve site issues by taking a consultative approach with stakeholders and peers.
It’s an attractive long term contract role. Remuneration package will reflect the qualifications, experience, and fit of the candidate.
Interested candidates please apply with up-to-date CV or call Sandra Brennan on 0866078980 for enquiries.