This role will be based in a paediatric primary care service, providing a range of psychological services and support to children (0-17) who are experiencing mild to moderate psychological challenges.
The service provides screening, assessment and intervention based on the formulation of the presenting needs.
This role will be for an initial 6 month period with a view to extension.
- Working in partnership with multidisciplinary team, you will be responsible for the delivery of first class psychology service to children with a range of issues including:
- Behavioural difficulties
- Anxiety & depression
- Difficulties managing feelings
- Difficulties with concentration and attention
- Mild difficulties relating to disability
- Social and interpersonal difficulties
- Relationship difficulties between parent and child
- A recognised post-graduate qualification as a Clinical, Educational or Counselling Psychologist will be considered
- Candidates qualified outside the Republic of Ireland are required to hold validation of their qualifications with the Dept of Health & Children
- Some post graduate experience within a similar setting is essential, placement experience will be considered
- Permission to work in Ireland
- Professional approach to work
- Flexibility in work practice