You will have a minimum qualification of Level 8 BS in Optics, Physics, Engineering or equivalent technical degree required with 5+ years of work experience in the industrial, technical or research environments required.
The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of optical metrology systems and be capable of successfully deploying robust and capable metrology solutions to a high volume manufacturing and test environment. Prior experience in medical device quality management systems is preferred.
A solid understanding of measurement system technologies is required along with the methodical ability to ensure that highest standards are achieved working within the quality and validation systems.
You will welcome the challenge of being responsible for taking a raw out of box instrument and integrating it to become a part of finished goods testing system with automated data collection.
You will enjoy problem solving and working through complex projects.
You are constantly looking for new challenges and thrive in an ever-changing cross functional environment.
You are comfortable challenging the status quo and enjoy developing innovative solutions.
As Metrology Engineer, your typical duties may include:
Key to the success of the business is the ability to deliver new, innovative, quality products to our customers in a timely and cost-effective manner.
A vital part of the this success is the ability to not only to sustain and develop the complex automated systems in use in house but also to deliver new projects and solutions that ensure a constant rate of continuous improvement is maintained year on year.
This not only involves keeping up with the ever changing technological environment and equipment changes but also requires the skills to deliver seamless upgrades to respond to obsolescence and product changes.
You will be part of a highly competent team with strong expertise in many metrology systems working across multiple platforms and systems.
You will be required to understand the metrology equipment process which will include motion control data integrity and handling as well as integration to third party systems for laboratory management.
You will be required to collaborate between the sites both in Ireland and abroad in order to not leverage learnings from outside the business.
You will be encouraged to take on new challenges to develop both technically and professionally within the franchise.
You will be required to have an excellent knowledge of Instrument Qualification & Test Method Validation for various equipment types and how to successfully navigate these activities within the quality system.
What you’ll own and how you’ll grow:
This role is recognized within the organization as being of key strategic importance in terms of enabling the business to remain competitive and grow market share.
You will be responsible for providing technical leadership in the field of Metrology Engineering with specific ownership for the following:
• High level Metrology equipment deployment and lifecycle management.
• Automation and integration of complex Metrology equipment to a 24/7 operations environment.
• Lifecycle management of existing equipment and development of new technologies.
• Project management of complex metrology projects across multiple departments and equipment vendors.
• Integration of Metrology equipment to laboratory management systems to assure data integrity.
• Instrument Qualifications & Test Method Validations to ensure all requirements are fulfilled.
• Ensuring all instrument deployments and changes are managed withing the Quality Management and Change Control process.
• Development of strategic relations with third party solution providers.
• Adoption of best practice and standardization of equipment and practices with the US facility where appropriate.
• Problem solving and working through projects to ensure on time delivery.