This is a Maternity Contract position.
Reporting to the Operations Lead, this role will be responsible for promoting a Quality ethos. Establishing and protecting the quality and brand standards for the Business and its customers. Managing all quality issues as part of the management team on site.
The Powder & Meat Free QA Manager will be responsible for:
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the company quality and HACCP systems, and procedures throughout the company’s Powder and Meat Free facility
- Ensure all quality controls in respect to raw materials, process flow, finished products, packaging and environmental matters are adhered to strictly. This will be achieved through vigorous attention to the quality procedures laid down and close liaison with managers of each business unit
- Responsible for promoting and protecting quality standards and product integrity by strict monitoring and auditing of systems
- Implement and monitor hygiene best practice throughout the site
- Investigating customer complaints and report on actions taken
- Assisting in the preparation of the site for customer and accreditation audits
- Escalation of any non-conformances to Site Production Manager / Operations Manager and the company’s Quality Team. This must include in particular any evidence of unsafe or out of specification product or raw materials
Competencies to perform the role
- Must have a good understanding of quality Standards
- Must have experience of controlling HACCP systems
- Must be able to interpret Customer / Governing bodies COP`s
- Able to process and analyse data
Experience and Qualifications
- Must have level 6 on NFQ (or equivalent) scale.
- Have at least 2 years proven supervisory experience
- Must have experience of working within a quality Department
- Working knowledge of the Food Industry would be an advantage
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com Tel: +353 1 2784671