Chemists have the responsibility for undertaking activities pertaining to lab operations and compliance, with minimal direct supervision. The role involves a high level of laboratory testing, issue resolution with a focus on continuous improvement and Right First Time (RFT).
1. Routinely performs sampling and chemical/physical analysis. May provide target training for team members.
2. Writes laboratory investigations. Ensures compliant and timely event resolution. Participates in error reduction activities in the laboratory.
3. Performs additional laboratory duties as required and performs peer reviews.
4. Provides an efficient customer focused service by ensuring laboratory processes, equipment and services are maintained in an operational (and safe) state.
5. May participate in non-routine/complex projects
6. May write laboratory documentation, protocols, reports, and PRRs.
7. Identifies Continuous Improvement opportunities and progress Continuous Improvement projects.
8. Ensures strict adherence to site policies/procedures, cGMP/GLP and environmental, health and safety regulations.
9. Ensures area of responsibility is maintained in a constant state of compliance and audit readiness in line with current regulations, PQS, and business needs. All related procedures and documentation are maintained accordingly.
10. Safety and housekeeping considerations
11. Executes responsibilities in line with Right First-Time principles
12. Ensures resolution of and/or appropriate escalation of issues
13. Demonstrates company values and Pfizer competencies
Minimum Qualification Requirements
Third level Qualification in a relevant discipline is essential.
Previous relevant laboratory experience and a good knowledge of cGMPs are desirable. Colleagues must have good people, communication, organisational and time management skills. Must be able to demonstrate effective problem-solving skills. Must be able to work within a team and on own initiative where required.
Functional Skills and Technical Skill Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Acts Decisively Makes good decisions in a timely manner based on analysis, experience and judgment even with incomplete information or under pressure.
Seizes Accountability Take personal responsibility for own work, pushing self and others to exceed goals and deliver results.
Grows Self Takes accountability for own career development, regularly updating and acting on development plan.
Change Agile Demonstrates perspective and poise in the face of uncertainty and effectively gets things done amidst organization change.
Self – Awareness Understands own strengths and limitations and seeks and receives feedback in a non-defensive manner.
Commits to “One Pfizer” Models a personal alignment with Pfizer’s mission and vision and behaves consistent with culture and values.
Peer Relationships Establishes positive colleague relationships which further collaboration and co-cooperativeness.
Contract Length – 11 months
If this role interests you please contact Laura.