My client has an opportunity for a Quantitative Risk Manager to join the Risk Advisory Services team within Financial Services Advisory. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and motivated person to join the team in the area of financial services and with a focus on the banking sector. This will be a challenging and fulfilling role, where you will be a key member of the team in developing quantitative solutions in the areas of risk estimation for our clients in areas such as quantitative risk advisory, advanced analytics, risk measurement and strategy and developing bespoke models used within areas such as IRB, IFRS9, Stress Testing and Portfolio management.
The role is to help the delivery of a variety of engagements, contribute to project team success on assignments, including helping to identify and resolve client issues, and providing updates to the Director or Partner. The successful candidate will be exposed to a variety of jobs and will be required to take ownership of specific elements of projects.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent professional qualification in quantitative risk (modelling) business, accounting, finance, economics, maths, risk or any related professional discipline.
- 5-10 years relevant experience in relevant financial services.
- Relevant experience includes inter alia: working in credit/ equity analyst role, financial supervision, working in the banking or financial services sector, or financial/ economic modelling.
- Extensive understanding/ experience of the banking sector, the practical operation of companies within that industry and quantitative risk management techniques and approaches.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, decision making, planning and organisational skills.
- Proven ability to critically assess complex/ once off issues and problems with the ability to distil significant volumes of information, identifying solutions for root causes of issues.
- Strong knowledge of the banking regulatory and legal framework and a deep understanding of the following: retail or wholesale business models, key risk drivers and supervisory approaches.
- Subject Matter Expertise (SME) is required in the following areas: Credit risk, IRB, Stress Testing, IFRS9, AQR, Data Analytics, Risk Data or other Quantitative Modelling techniques.
- Deep understanding is required in one of the following areas: Credit Risk/ Internal Ratings Based Models (an ability to develop, review and validate complex models), Quantitative Risk Modelling or Stress Testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in particular the ability to relate to senior management, staff and Clients.
- Excellent capability in managing and delivering under tight timeframes.
- Strong ability to utilise statistical/ coding packages such as (SAS, R, Python,VBA, C++)
- Excellent MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills