Our client, a FMCG company, is seeking to recruit an ambitious Quantity Surveyor who will be part of a fast paced Developments Team. The successful candidate will be a commercially minded individual and will report directly into the Developments Director. The role will be based in West Dublin but will require travel around the group as necessary.
• Manage Construction Works with significant value per annum inn Ireland, United Kingdom and USA
• Manage the end to end procurement process including planning, sub-contractor negotiation and cost analysis
• Prepare and issue all tender documentation and management of technical pack and drawings.
• Manage project costs, cash flows and cost reports acting as project surveyor on relevant projects
• Negotiate and manage budgets with internal and external stakeholders, exercising good cost control practices at all times.
• Support the site identification and site acquisition process, engaging in negotiations with Landowners, Highways Agencies, Planning Authorities and other stakeholders throughout
• Manage the planning process for all relevant planning applications
• Coordinate and manage site constraints and risks
• Planning and monitoring of the delivery programme, producing monthly reports for sites under the programme.
• Set budgets, timescales and responsibilities for the design team in appointing consultants
• Ensuring that the contract and legal documentation is in order at all stages and prior to the Operations team handover.
• Management of the Operations Department requirements and continuous review of specification in conjunction with the Design Department.
Qualifications & Experience required:
• Qualification in Engineering or as a Quantity Surveyor desirable, will also consider Engineers with Procurement experience
• Minimum of 3-4 years’ with experience with contract negotiation preferably on projects with a commercial focus
• Keen negotiation and analytical skills
• Ability to manage external providers and drive them to delivery in a collaborative way
• Strong planning and organisational skills and attentive to detail.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and dynamic organisation.
• Strong interpersonal skills with proven track record of building strong relationships and acting as role model
Please reply (in strict confidence) with up to date CV to:Rob Kiernan E :- firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +353 1 6390390