This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to support the development of the extensive development pipeline, by assisting with cost analysis of all construction and development costs, reports and tracking, validation of cost plans from early feasibility through to construction.
Our client is looking for candidates with strong commercial and technical acumen.
· Participation in design team meetings through the design phases offering cost advice to ensure the financial viability of the project without compromising the design, including:
o Design brief development
o Project cost estimating
o Project-specific contractor selection
o Cost benchmarking and analysis
o Project budget development
o Monthly cost reporting preparation
· Assisting in the development of cost analysis to identify the most cost-efficient unit types, unit layouts and building materials.
· Assisting in the co-ordination of value engineering exercises throughout various stages of projects
· Liaising with project delivery teams ensuring construction budgets for upcoming developments are robust.
· Investigation into modern methods of construction, the supply chain and cost analysis.
· Assisting with the development / maintenance of a databank of construction costs to assist the ongoing development and financial appraisals process.
· Work with Development Managers and Project Managers to develop budgets and track expenditure.
· Assisting Development Managers and Project Managers as required in the management of projects on a day- to- day basis.
· Involvement in contractor negotiations where appropriate.
· Attend meetings and undertake site visits.
· Minimum of 6 year’s experience as a PQS or similar environment with demonstrable relevant experience.
· Degree or Higher in Quantity Surveying.
· Experience with cost management and procurement of residential developments.
· Knowledge and/or experience of public procurement is an advantage.
· A self-starter, ability to take ownership and responsibility for the delivery of major projects and tasks.
· Ability to work within a team and to appreciate the multi-disciplinary environment
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively across both internal and external functional teams.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with clarity of delivery.
· Chartered or in the process of gaining chartership.
· Good written and spoken communicator.
· Understanding/working knowledge of BIM.
· Microsoft Office Suite.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills, presentation skills and a team player
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Reports to: Cost Manager
Salary Range: Circa €65k