Research and Development Engineer
On behalf of my client, a medical devices company, I am recruiting for an R&D Engineer.
The successful candidate will be capable of utilizing their expertise and skills in the successful development of new products and projects. Working collaboratively as part of a small team to bring devices through development and approval process to commercialisation.
· R&D on New Product Commercialization Project Teams
· Researching new ideas and technologies/materials and evaluating technology performance and stability
· Sourcing/selecting materials and components and the evaluation of same
· Providing technical R&D support to other functions including Regulatory Affairs, Marketing and Manufacturing
· Managing project schedules, conducting product and project risk analysis, and ensuring successful and timely completion of project activities
· Working with patent counsel to support patentability/infringement searches and preparation of patent applications
· Creating relevant design documents including technical reports, drawings, specifications, and test methods
· Third Level Degree (Hon) in Mechanical / Biomedical Engineering
· 2-5 Years commercial experience in a R&D role (Medical Device Industry)
· Innovative / Creative Thinker; must have a demonstrated ability to conduct exploration of subject areas for novel concepts and approaches.
· Working knowledge of Solidworks 3D modelling software.
· Demonstrated analytical problem-solving abilities.
· Demonstrated ability to manage projects and interact with suppliers/vendors.
· Good team working skills and a high level of enthusiasm and motivation.
· Good working knowledge of medical device quality & regulatory systems and medical device directives.
· Knowledge of medical device packaging and sterilisation a bonus.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please call Ciara on +353 1 2784671 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com