R&D Engineering Manager:
The R&D Manager is directly involved in providing high level leadership and direction to an R&D team ensuring the implementation of strategic and tactical R&D activities supporting the Business unit.
• Actively mentor, coach, and ensure career development plans are in place for direct reports
• Lead, grow and motivate a highly talented, diverse, world-class performance engineering team
• Attract and retain talent in line with business need
• Drive innovation of concepts to support next-generation designs and novel applications in cardiovascular applications
• Grow and nurture cross site and cross functional relationships in a large, multi-site, matrixed organization
• Manage engineers, and possibly other supervisors, involved in an array of product development and technology exploration projects
• Collaborate with core teams to establish objectives and evaluates progress of direct reports
• Generate novel and unique solutions to both engineering and organizational challenges
• Participate at department management level and build strong peer relationships
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Level 8 Degree in Engineering / Science or related discipline with a minimum 7 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
• Experience with new product development and the product development cycle
• Experience of direct management of engineers is a distinct advantage
• Excellent team building, communication, people management and leadership skills are desirable
• A strong communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking
• A dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
Any applicant must have an existing work permit Stamp 4 or an EU passport to apply.