R & D - Lab Technician
Discipline - Chemistry
Permanent Role – Cavan, commutable from Louth and Meath.
CPL Recruitment have an exciting opportunity for a Laboratory technician from chemistry background to join this leading company as part of their R & D innovation centre. You will enjoy work that take you outside of the routine and you have the ability and desire to work on multifunctional teams supporting the group.
We are seeking a candidate at diploma/degree level in Chemistry with circa 1-3 years’ experience. PhD holders in chemistry with less experience will be considered.
These roles will involve both chemical and materials analysis and testing in addition to maintaining the laboratory and equipment.
· Provide laboratory support to the wider chemical R&D team, including sample preparation, formulation & analysis.
· Responsible for analytical method development and root cause analysis.
· Perform cup tests and box moulds of foams and employ a wide range of analytical techniques to characterise them.
· Conduct thermal analysis and fire testing on company products.
· To follow current analytical practices in line with approved procedures and with reference to international standards (ISO/EN/ASTM), in-house processes & regulations.
· Be responsible for the operation of laboratory systems and documentation
· Responsible for calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
· Perform duties for the general maintenance of the lab incl. but not limited to ordering consumables, tracking stock and inventory.
· Maintain knowledge of all current relevant regulatory and technical standards.
Education and skills:
· Qualifications: Degree/Diploma in Chemistry with at least 1 year of experience working in an instrumental laboratory environment.
· Familiarity with ISO 9001 and/or ISO 17025 a bonus.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Experience of a range of analytical methods - in particular HPLC / GPC, GC-MS, thermal analysis and molecular spectroscopy - would be advantageous.
· Good IT skills (MS office) and record keeping.
· Knowledge and application of Health & Safety protocols.
· Problem solving ability and data interpretation.
This role is moving fast so if you are looking to start a new role asap, apply now and Aisling will be in touch.