R&D PhD Chemist
Cpl, in parntership with SK Biotek are seeking to recruit an R&D PhD Chemist, on a permanent basis. Based in Swords, Co.Dublin.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
The R&D Chemist will have experience in synthetic organic chemistry. They will be responsible for providing support for all aspects of new and existing chemical processes development, technology transfer, process scale-up, process safety, process monitoring, and process troubleshooting for small molecules. The role will involve cross functional collaboration with other functions including Operations, Quality, SHE and external stakeholders working towards existing and new product introduction and ensuring all processes are understood, robust, efficient and in control
- Lead development projects in the laboratory, including route scouting and route development, proof of concept, crystallisation optimization, and process safety assessment.
- Provide technical support to the manufacture of APIs and intermediates manufactured at SK biotek Ireland, with a focus on optimisation and investigation support.
- Identify and implement projects to optimise processes, considering scale-up and manufacturing aspects and Critical to Quality Attributes.
- Leverage data monitoring and PAT tools in the laboratory such as FBRM, Raman, IR, as required. Identify and implement new technologies to support development for the business needs of the site.
- Collaborate with R&D analytical chemists and Operations engineers on new products introduction and scale up activities, including process development in the laboratory, customer engagement, troubleshooting, documentation, and campaign readiness.
- Support chemistry assessments for new products as required.
- Lead optimisation projects on throughput and yield in collaboration with Operations engineers.
- Support continuous process verification through collection and trending of data for commercial products, identifying Out of Trends (OOT) and Statistical Alert Events (SAE) and leading investigations where required with support from engineers and analytical chemists as required.
- Actively participate in manufacturing campaign performance support teams.
- Lead and support quality and safety investigations.
- Strong technical background in chemistry.
- PhD in organic chemistry.
- 2+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong interpersonal and communicational skills and demonstrated ability to work across a matrix.
- Excellent problem solving skills and commitment to continuous improvement.