On behalf of my client, a medical devices company based in Co. Wicklow, I am recruiting for an R&D Scientist. This is a 12 month maternity cover contract.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing new and/or update existing reagent & analyser system test methods (applications/method adaptations); technical support for system and reagent customer complaints for haemostasis clinical diagnostics; involvement in system development projects.
- Conduct scientific studies. Analyze data and observations; develop, characterise and validate system test methods
- Reengineer existing system test methods to adapt to changes in market, business, and/or regulatory requirements.
- Plan and execute experiments using design of experiment techniques
- Coordinate and assist the formal creation of system test methods in conjunction with the Quality and Regulatory Groups
- Lead reagent & system complaint investigations within the company and subsequent report handling.
- Work constructively with team members from R&D, Marketing, Operations Quality Assurance, Technical Support, Clinical Affairs, Customer Service, and Finance.
- Communicate progress on a frequent basis. Communication will require the successful candidate to present project updates to the relevant stakeholders.
- An advanced life science degree with laboratory experience in biological sciences.
- Demonstrated competence in biochemical techniques and statistical concepts.
- Experience in the field of Haemostasis/ IVD industrial experience would be advantageous
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical data, and technical procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work with a sense of urgency and whilst remaining impartial and objective.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please call Ciara on +353 1 2784671 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com