Our client, an organisation specialising in electronic communications including telecommunications, radio communications and broadcasting transmission, are seeking to hire a Radio Spectrum Analyst. The successful candidate will join a small team responsible for carrying out projects involving the management of spectrum for fixed/mobile wireless broadband services.
The radio spectrum analyst will be responsible for:
Effectively managing projects within the Spectrum Policy and Development unit and within the Market Framework division through individual contribution as well as working collaboratively and in cooperation with team colleagues.
Objectively analysing and evaluating information (both technical and non-technical) to determine the appropriate approach for progressing projects, including for example:
- defining technical parameters to ensure compatibility between different radio services in spectrum bands for fixed/mobile wireless broadband.
- working with the Manager Spectrum Policy and Awards to ensure, for example, technical parameters are correctly captured in the design and carrying out of award processes to assign spectrum rights of use in bands suitable for mobile/fixed wireless broadband
- defining conditions to be attached to spectrum rights of use, e.g. coverage and rollout, quality of service, technical conditions, etc.; and
- working with team members and consultants/external advisors to carry out the award process.
Communicating complex information in a coherent manner to technical and non-technical audiences.
Drafting analysis and positions for inclusion in consultation processes and internal analysis documents.
Engaging and managing consultants/external advisors to deliver projects.
Engaging and managing Test and Trial programme as appropriate to facilitate and promote innovation in wireless technologies.
Working closely with the relevant Government Departments and other relevant broadcasting stakeholders (both national and international) as appropriate in the management of spectrum for broadcasting and mobile/fixed communication networks.
Engaging with radio spectrum licensees, stakeholders, other administrations, and international bodies as appropriate
Providing assistance on other projects within the Spectrum Policy and Development unit and within the Market Framework division as required.
To be considered for the role you will have:
- A relevant third-level honours degree from a science, technology, engineering, or mathematical discipline.
- Relevant experience and knowledge of radiocommunication systems and radio frequency propagation;
- Proven track record of taking responsibility for delivering complex projects in a multi-disciplinary environment, including the scoping and delivery of such projects and the demonstration of resilience in keeping them on track.
- Experience of engaging and managing consultants/external advisors to deliver projects
- Excellent written communications skills with experience in drafting documents for publication
- A proven ability to apply analytical techniques to problem-solving and effectively communicate this analysis to technical and non-technical audiences.
Ideally you will have:
- A relevant post-graduate qualification or accreditation.
- A project management qualification.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to understand and express views.
- Experience in conducting radio frequency field measurements and knowledge of radiocommunication equipment.
It’s a full-time permanent position with a competitive salary and an attractive package of benefits, and training opportunities. The company office is located in Dublin City centre close to the Luas line, but the role will be currently fully remote due to COVID-19.
Interested candidates please apply with up-to-date CV or call Sandra Brennan on 0866078980 for enquiries.