Our client is a leading youth mental health charity which delivery a range of mental health support services to young adults in the community.
We are currently recruiting for a regional schools coordinator to be based in the South Region.
The Regional Schools Coordinator will work as part of the Mental Health Promotion Team, and collaboratively with local services, to contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of school initiative.
We are ideally looking for candidates with classroom-based experience with an understanding of the post primary school setting and the wellbeing curriculum in Irish post-primary schools.
A core feature of this role will involve the development and implementation of a broad range of programmes and initiatives to support capacity building within the education setting.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Play a key role in the development, implementation and evaluation of Jigsaw’s mental health promotion work in post-primary schools, building further on the current One Good School™ Initiative
- Develop, implement and evaluate a broad range of school-based programmes and initiatives as part of Jigsaw’s One Good School™ Initiative
- Work closely with Jigsaw Service teams to build the capacity of Jigsaw staff to deliver a comprehensive suite of workshops and programmes as part of our One Good School™ Initiative
- Contribute to the implementation and monitoring of quality assurance processes related to Youth Mental Health Promotion Department’s programme of work in schools
- A relevant third level qualification in health promotion, education (specifically post-primary), youth work or allied health profession (psychology, mental health nursing, social work, occupational therapy only) an experienced Guidance Counsellor would also be a very suitable candidate.
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in a role where mental health & wellbeing promotion in relevant education settings were key responsibilities
- At least 2 years’ work experience in the fields of health promotion or youth mental health
- Experience of developing and delivering education and training programmes and initiatives in relevant health promotion or education settings (i.e. where programme development, training and facilitation was a key part of your role)
For further information and full job description, please email your c.v. to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Brian on 01 482 5421.