This role is a senior level Technical Specialist role. The role of the ARS is to act as a Subject matter expert, lead scientific projects and provide full analytical testing support in accordance with GMP practices, including analytical method development, validation and transfer. This is an exciting opportunity to join a Lab that focuses on method development, validation, transfer, stability and quality control testing for all phases of drug development.
• Co-ordinate all aspects of managing method development and validation
• Supervise and assist senior technical staff in laboratory operations
• Interface with clients on scientific issues, study design and project technical requirements
• Plan, direct and implement improvements in systems and processes in order to enhance efficiency and quality
• Assist with strategic planning, business development and new technology implementation
Skills and experience:
The successful candidate will possess a Degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry. Significant industry experience within an analytical testing laboratory and GMP environment is essential, as well as solid scientific supervisory experience in the pharmaceutical or analytical contract laboratory industry (to include R&D project and program management, direct supervision of technical staff, and direction of laboratory operations).
This person should be an SME with HPLC, Dissolution, Physicals testing (Foreign Particulates, KF, Particle Size Distribution, etc).
Other requirements also include:
• 6-8 years of solid experience in GMP regulated Laboratory environment.
• Expertise in GMP regulated environment in the areas of analytical method development, validation and transfer for a variety of dosage forms, using a variety of instrumentation which may include (but not limited to) the following: HPLC, Dissolution, HIAC, KF, Zetasizer, Mastersizer, and other applicable analytical instruments.
• Extensive knowledge with Foreign Particulate tests & Particle Size Distribution tests, as well as extensive knowledge of all the Physicals Testing techniques.
• Excellent analytical expertise in method development, validation and transfer
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Excellent technical writing skills
• Excellent ownership skills for Laboratory Investigations and Deviations
• Strong technical mentoring and training skills
• Ability to build and develop client relationships
• Understanding of budgeting and revenue projection
• Ability to plan, organize and work to deadlines
For more information and to apply for this role please call Zoe on +353 1 2784671 or e-mail email@example.com
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. Www.thornshaw.com Tel: +353 1 2784671