You will use your accounting skills and professional experience to shape and improve some of our key accounting processes. The ideal candidate has strong attention to detail, superb communication skills and enjoys collaborating with a diverse group of people, across a dynamic fast-paced environment.
The person will report to the Revenue Manager and will be based in our head office in Swords, Co. Dublin.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conducting analysis of complex accounting issues, including revenue recognition, guarantees & sales returns provisions
- Ownership of a portfolio of retailers (our customers) from a revenue and margin perspective. This will require the candidate to gain a deep understanding of the retailer and revenue / margin streams
- Develop relationship with the Commercial finance and Taxation teams; that forms a key part of understanding the retailer mechanics
- Where not in place develop SOP documentation for a portfolio of retailers
- Weekly reporting and financial reconciliation with these retailers
- Balance sheet reconciliations and investigations
- Analysis and commentary on customer performance on a monthly basis
- Monthly reviews of Balance Sheet and Income Statement including commentary against budget and forecast P&L reporting on a monthly basis to tight deadlines
- Business partnering with cross-functional stakeholders to implement new and efficient processes and effective controls
- Participate in process improvement initiatives and implementation of best practices to ensure the finance team is consistently pushing the boundaries in terms of efficiency and accuracy
- Ensure open communication with retailer, including weekly finance to finance meetings, with a key objective that all open issues are communicated and dealt with in a timely manner
- Ensure the Revenue Manager is kept up to date on any open issues including proposed resolution and target timeline
- Be a key member of the finance transformation team. The finance department are going through a significant transformation project to allow the business to scale for future growth. This role will play a key role in the revenue teams transformation objectives.
- Key point of contact to both internal and external stakeholders for all finance related information on customer portfolio
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- 3+ years PQE(ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- 2+ years in a similar role would be a significant advantage
- Experience with revenue accounting/management
- Proven track record of suggesting and implementing process improvements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be adaptable to change
- Ability to meet weekly and monthly deadlines
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics would be an advantage
For more information on this position please contact Karyn Glennon on 0873400228 or apply via the link.