Revenue Operations Manager
12 Month Fixed Term Contract (maternity cover)
This is an outstanding opportunity in our Cork office for a Revenue Operations Manager to work in a U.S. Global Public Company. Join an energetic and creative revenue team who has a passion for their work and a vision for the future. This position is an integral part of the Revenue and Cost of Sales Accounting Team with primary responsibility for complex revenue accounting in multiple performance obligations, including sales of hardware, services, and software.
The Revenue Operations Manager manages, reviews, and approves the development, implementation, and maintenance of Revenue Recognition models. The individual in this role partners with project managers and other key stakeholders in the organization to ensure customer deployment projects are accounted for accurately. The Revenue Operations Manager monitors and reviews monthly reports of revenues and expenditures for projects, provides record of assets, liabilities, and other financial transactions. The individual in this capacity may assist in the setup of processes and procedures that properly capture, track and report revenue, including deferred revenue, in accordance with the company revenue recognition policy. The individual may generate revenue reports for internal and/or external use, and they may interpret reports and records for managers/stakeholders, and they may be involved in reviewing, tracking and maintaining billing information in the financial systems, ensuring accuracy and compliance with U.S. GAAP and other accounting regulations.
Additionally, the Revenue Operations Manager will establish proactive working relationships, provide training and guidance to direct reports, and be responsible for accurate recognition and recording of revenue and deferred revenue transactions in compliance with applicable GAAP requirements for various performance obligations.
Education and required experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a public accounting firm or with a public technology company who has specialized in revenue accounting. If candidate has public accounting experience, requirement is reduced to 5 years. Candidate should have a working understanding of revenue recognition accounting requirements.
- Big 4 background strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication, team player, supervisory, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently to identify problems early, explore possible solutions and drive for consensus building.
- Strong general accounting skills and passion for accounting.
- Willingness to take on additional projects and responsibilities as needed.
- Detailed understanding of revenue recognition accounting pronouncements including ASC 606 with strong preference to candidates who have practical experience in implementing these revenue accounting rules.
- Familiar with the Financial Accounting Standards Board’s Accounting Standards Codification (ASC) that became effective July 1, 2009.
- Strong ability to research US GAAP and Industry guidance and can apply accounting guidance to complex arrangements.
- Experience with Oracle and Oracle Projects Module a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.