About the Role:
This role will be based in Ireland and report to the COO also based in Ireland. The successful candidate will lead the enhancement of the governance, risk and compliance framework as the business continues to develop and innovate.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Review, recommend improvements to and embed the governance, risk and control framework throughout the business, ensuring it remains relevant as the business changes and follows industry recognised best practices.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with business stakeholders, to ensure the risk and compliance framework is relevant and workable, particularly with respect to risk appetite across the business. Maintain the company risk register.
- Establish and manage a risk events/incident management process across the business, to ensure early identification and intervention. Additionally, facilitate lessons learned and recommend control environment improvements where relevant.
- Develop and improve risk reporting to the Board and Executive Team.
- Contribute to external stakeholder reporting as needed, for example, annual report and accounts.
- Support the Group Head of Audit, Risk and Compliance to ensure relevant processes, controls and frameworks are audited.
- Establish positive working relationships with relevant regulators with an interest for example, CBI, telecoms authorities, etc.
- Liaise with relevant internal departments and external contacts to ensure regulatory requirements for submissions are met, and to proactively communicate with regulatory authorities in order to expedite approval of submissions.
- Stay up to date with any local laws and regulatory changes and ensure those requirements are properly presented in the internal company policies and procedures.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Educated to degree level and/or relevant professional risk qualification.
- Experience of implementing governance and risk frameworks across the telecoms and/or banking sectors.
- Strong interpersonal skills and track record of positive stakeholder management with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and business cultures.
- Pragmatic and commercial approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast changing business environment.
- Able to translate regulatory requirements into workable business solutions.
- Previous in-house experience in a technology-led environment.
- Previous exposure to the payments industry.