Cpl Healthcare are welcoming CV’s for a Risk and Health Safety Manager for services based in Mid Leinster. Supporting adults with intellectual disabilities in community-based residential settings, the service requires an experienced professional to ensure that clear and effective Risk Health & Safety processes are in place across all services. This includes oversight of compliance with all statutory requirements as well as quality and safety requirements arising under service agreements with the HSE and any other funding or oversight body.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced professional working in the healthcare sector looking for a new opportunity to take leadership in safety management.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Is an advocate for the service by consistently projecting a professional image.
- Ensure a respectful representation of service/departments.
- Demonstrates and encourages a strong work ethic.
- Is transparent, acts with integrity and carries no hidden agendas.
- Continuous Learning & Development, ensuring for lead others to do same.
- Aware of critical roles central to the core service of the organisation and ensures successful delivery of these positions.
- Ensures ‘managers of the future’ are identified and developed.
- Uses professional bodies to improve knowledge and resources
- Presents at seminars/conferences when appropriate.
- Fosters and develops an innovative and creative culture to meet organisational goals and objectives.
- Encourages and values new ideas, perceptions, and suggestions.
- Ability to see future trends and changes in opportunities and anticipates appropriate courses of action.
- Works with internal and external resources, encouraging partnership on new ideas.
- Processes diverse information and can make well informed decision during times of uncertainty.
- Considers how full scope and impact of decisions effects the service financially.
- Anticipates issues/opportunities and implements appropriate measures accordingly.
- Can examine complex information to identify root causes of problem issues.
- Facilitates groups or teams through problem solving and creative thinking processes leading to the development and implementation of new approaches, systems, structures and methods.
- Takes a strategic approach to communicating across the organisation.
- Creates a culture of open communication to maintain a climate of trust and honesty.
- Skilfully mediates conflict situations creating win - win scenarios.
- Honours Degree (Level 8) in relevant professional or health management discipline
- Have a minimum of five years’ experience working in the area of intellectual disability and/or health sector, with excellent knowledge and understanding of Quality Systems, DOH and HIQA Regulations.
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ management experience
- An ability to demonstrate leadership and direction, critical analysis and decision making, personal effectiveness and experience in delivering outcomes.
- Full Drivers Licence
For further information, please click apply or contact Meigheann on Meigheann.Lyons@cplhealthcare.com