Seeking a phD/Master's qualified candidate with a proven track record in a commercial role. The successful candidate will have an ability to translate scientific principles into easily understandable messages.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an dynamic, entrepreneurial company with big plans for expansion.
An innovative, independent, certification company specialising the certification of allergy friendly products has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Scientific Officer to join the team.
This is a unique opportunity join this growing company with exceptional opportunities for career development.
- Provide leadership in the scientific area for the company – identify new areas of research that should be addressed or incorporated in our standards, and explore new opportunities/areas of business in the scientific space.
- Coordinate research activities
- Act as custodian of the company’s certification standards, updating them where necessary, coordinating the development of new standards, assessing opportunities for new standards, etc.
- Lead the science team, including overseeing all testing commissioned (there is a team member who manages testing on a day-to-day basis)
- Manage relationships with our lab partners, and work to bring new partners on board
- Convene and participate in scientific committee meetings
- Help to proactively set the company’s research and scientific priorities to align with the overall mission and goals of the organisation
- Keep the company competitive, by staying updated on technological advances and industry trends
- Produce scientific and education content, white papers, research papers for publication.
PhD level education preferred, or masters (for the right candidate) in Science
Strong commercial acumen
Excellent communication skills – able to explain complex science in a way that is comprehensible to the general consumer.
Hands-on – ready to explore methodologies and make decisions rather than outlining options.
Role can be based in Dublin 2 or primarily from home