The successful candidate will perform a variety of complex sample preparation and analysis procedures to quantitatively measure small and large biomolecules such as proteins, peptides, nucleotides/oligonucleotides, DNA, carbohydrates / polysaccharides and liposomes using a wide range of analytical instrumentation.
In this role you will work with minimal supervision, interpret analytical data with regards to acceptability and consistency and set up and maintain analytical instrumentation.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
• Perform a variety of complex sample preparations
• Analysis procedures to quantitatively measure pharmaceutical compounds in a variety of formations for stability testing and other studies for analytical testing support
• Review and compilation of results
• Performing work assignments accurately, timely and in a safe manner
• Training on routine operation, maintenance and theory of analytical instrumentation, SOPs, and regulatory procedures and guidelines.
Experience and Education:
• Education to a Bachelors or higher level in Biochemistry or related subjects
• 3+ years’ relevant industry experience within a GMP laboratory (experience must be with Lab techniques relevant to Biopharm: ELISA, SDS-Page, Western Blot, HPLC, Capillary electrophoresis)
• Detailed knowledge of method validation; method development would be an advantage
• The ability to plan, schedule and carry out work for successful project completion
• A positive attitude and ability to work well with others
• The ability to write protocols and reports with minimum supervision
• Excellent attention to detail
• Be able to communicate effectively and follow detailed written and verbal instruction
If you are interested in applying for this role please call Zoe on +353 1 2784671 or email email@example.com
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com