Scrum Master - Galway
My client, one of the world's leading financial services companies, is seeking an experienced Scrum Master to join their Galway organisation. This role offers fantastic career progression and development. This role also offers a competitive compensation package.
*You do not need prior financial services experience, although it is advantageous
As a Scrum Master you blend deep scrum expertise with a passion for mentoring and coaching, and constant improvement. As part of a highly collaborative squad you will advise, mentor, coach and train on performance against agile values, practices and processes to accelerate squad value delivery. In partnership with the squad leader you will maintain a backlog, help to remove impediments and facilitate agile ceremonies such as the daily stand up, sprint planning, backlog refinement and retrospectives. You will have responsibility for release management coordination and participate in scaling ceremonies and activities as you manage interdependencies across squads and product areas. You will examine and drive team performance through metrics and find opportunities for the squad to fully realize the benefits of working in an agile structure. You will support the squad by engaging with all team members and product area leadership to reinforce and embed an agile approach and principles into the day-to-day work. This role often requires coordinating the efforts of multiple systems teams to deliver a seamlessly integrated solution to our customers.
What You'll Do:
- Working collaboratively with product partners and chapter leaders to enable delivery of the squad's mission through well-executed sprints
- Accelerating overall squad performance, efficiency and value delivered by engaging within and across squads to find opportunities to improve agile maturity and metrics, and providing coaching, training and resources
- Maintaining and updating squad performance metrics (e.g., burn-down charts) and artefacts to ensure accurate and clear feedback to the squad members and transparency to other partners
- Managing, coordinating logistics for and participating in agile events (e.g., backlog prioritization, sprint planning, daily meetings, retrospectives and as appropriate, scrum of scrum masters)
- Supporting adoption, and consistent use of enabling tools (e.g., Jira, Mural, MS Teams)
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree/undergraduate degree/equivalent required
- Experience working with or in agile teams with good understanding of agile practices.
- Jira experience
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) required
- Possess excellent communication and people-interaction skills and can rapidly build trust and positively influence others at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement approach
- Proven change agent capable of coaching agile practices to teams and individuals from across different functions, experiences and geographies as they work through new and unfamiliar situations
- Effective facilitator and can brainstorm with the team to generate solutions that address challenges and roadblocks to accelerating value delivery
- Intellectually curious and passionate about learning new skills, and model a culture of continuous learning, mentoring and coaching.
You will support one or more cross-functional Technology squads while aligned to the Scrum Master Chapter. Our mission as a Chapter is to coach, develop, and empower each other to lead development teams that embrace the Agile mindset while providing career guidance and mobility opportunities for Scrum Masters. We are establishing a learning culture that amplifies best practices, delivers consistent, predictable, and impactful results, celebrates diversity and inclusion, and creates a safe, fun, and respectful environment. As leaders who serve, we are building a trusted, collaborative relationship with our partners across the company and embrace customer-focused methodologies that enable innovation and drive product delivery
For an immediate interview please share your CV with [email protected]
This is a hybrid role, you will be required to be onsite in Galway 5 days per month
*you must be eligible to work in Ireland full time (UE/Stamp 4) and based in Ireland permanently