My client a Galway City based, medical device business seeks to hire an experienced Senior Accountant on a permanent basis. You will be a fully qualified accountant, ACA/ACCA/CIMA with 3+ years in a multinational, industry environment. This role will be based in the Finance department and will report to the Finance Controller.
· Ensure adherence of processes to company's policies and procedures, internal and external audit requirements and local rules and regulations; support strengthening of financial processes and controls and continuous process improvement.
· Interpret accounting guidelines and deliver guidance, insight, and technical expertise on how it relates to general accounting scenarios.
· Support resolution of complex accounting and tax issues.
· Lead the transition of GL functions both into and out of the shared service centre.
· Provide financial support to local, regional and global projects, as required.
· Perform ad hoc and special projects assignments, as required.
· Participate in process improvement reviews across current finance structure, identify areas requiring change and lead the change process.
· Lead & take ownership for delivery of functional projects across GL Team as required.
· Review and correction of journal entries and balance reconciliations at month end and identify corrective actions.
· Collaboration with external audit staff for periodic year-end review procedures and local statutory audits as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· Accounting Qualification – ACA, ACCA, CIMA
· Third Level Degree or equivalent
· 3-5 years relevant experience – preferably with Shared Service Centre and multinational corporation background
· SAP/Oracle or other major ERP Systems experience is desirable
· Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential
· Able to work alone to understand and summarise financial data into high quality, accurate and usable summaries
· Strong computer skills especially MS Office
· Fluency in a European language an advantage
· Occasional travel may be required
For more information, please contact email@example.com