Senior Application Support Engineer – Remote
24/7 rotating shift-based position
Our Client, A leading global technology company within the Enterprise Software industry seeks to hire a Senior Application Support Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and resolving the most challenging issues and escalations for the customer and providing technical guidance in addressing their business needs. They will also play an integral role in building knowledge and be part of strategic initiatives for process improvements.
- Provide support to users/administrators of our platform. Contributing to the growth of best practices for delivery of support services.
- Understand our platform, cloud technologies and troubleshooting practices to ensure successful resolution of challenging technical situations.
- Manage customers' expectations and experience in a way that results in high customer satisfaction.
- Maintain technical expertise in assigned areas of product functionality and use that expertise to help customers.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert in assigned areas of product functionality and utilize that expertise effectively to help customers. Share and deliver knowledge sessions with peers globally.
- Create scripts to automate repetitive tasks or scripts to enable faster troubleshooting.
- Help in development and mentoring of team members in various technologies.
- Suggest and implement improvements to internal processes.
- Work on technical and non-technical projects.
- Communicate with customers and our teams through case, phone and other electronic methods.
- Role requires working in 24/7 shifts on a rotational basis.
- 5+ years of related experience within technical support or software coding environment
- Experience providing SaaS support
- A fundamental understanding of ITSM or ITIL framework
- Experience diagnosing network related issues.
- Experience using tools like Splunk, Elk, and handling Network Devices & Load Balancers
Must have one (or more) of the following traits:
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot the most difficult technical issues in time critical situations
- Experience diagnosing performance related issues.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical systems
- Working knowledge of the components in a web applications stack
- Solid background in Linux, UNIX or other OS
- Experience and understanding of Object-Oriented Design
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle
- Ability to read/analyse Application & Database logs
- Strong experience working in Java or similar backend programming language
- Ability to work with high-value customer administrators and developers
Must have experience in working with one (or more) of the following scripting languages:
For an immediate interview please forward your CV using the apply button