Within this role, you will join a highly skilled group of Automation Engineers specialising in the manufacture of a wide range of automation equipment. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering the control system requirements of each project, from procurement right through to the equipment delivery.
This position must be filled by an ambitious person capable of thriving in a hardworking environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out the following responsibilities:
· Contribute to all stages of the project life cycle from the initial proposal right through to equipment delivery.
· Design and development of the requested equipment to meet customer requirements and expectations.
· Work closely with mechanical and electrical teams to configure component specifications that satisfy the equipment control requirements.
· Development of PLC and HMI code which satisfies all of the user requirements provided by individual customers.
· Completion of equipment design reviews both locally and at customer locations.
· Work closely with internal engineering functions and project leads to satisfy the cost and lead time requirements of each project.
· Successfully manage time to satisfy project plans and lead times.
· Provide technical advice and direction to the wider engineering team.
What we are looking for:
· Experience in the programming of PLC’s and HMI’s using both Allen Bradley and Siemens platforms.
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a relevant industry.
· Experience with motion control (Servomotors/Stepper motors/ VSD’s).
· Experience in a machine building environment.
· Knowledge of structuring code using the PackML standard would be an advantage.
· Familiarity with electrical & Pneumatic schematics.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications.
Key Personal Skills and Attributes:
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
· Ambitious and hardworking attitude
· Self-motivated with a view to continuous personal development
· Excellent technical knowledge with a focus on new and emerging technologies
· Ability to travel and a full driving license is required.
Any applicant must have a full valid work permit for Ireland. (Stamp 4 or an EU passport)