Senior Automation QA Engineer (Backend)
• Primary duties may include but are not limited to:
Leads and coordinates testing for small to medium initiatives.
• Identifies, creates, and executes the appropriate Test Assets (plans, cases, scripts) to assure the developed application conforms to requirements and design.
• Coordinates/executes testing across multiple testing phases, including SIT, UAT, and Regression.
• Defines appropriate testing methods to employ to assure developed application conforms to requirements and design.
• Leads Peer Reviews to ensure the completeness of all Test Assets created.
• Ensures all applicable SDLC and testing processes are followed.
• Executes linkage from test plan to test scenarios and test cases.
• Provides consultation/mentoring to staff members regarding quality and testing.
• May participate in the transition of software into production.
• Identifies and collects Test Data for test execution. Accountable for Test Data Management, collection of requirements, evaluation of available data in repositories, ID gaps, and owns test data provisioning tasks.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Requires Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
• Solid hands on experience in automation with one of these languages – Python with pytest (preferred) or Java.
• Minimum 2 years of REST API automation experience with requests/restAssured, JSON etc.
• Minimum 6 years of overall QA experience.
• Hands on experience using tools like - JIRA, QTest, Postman, Insomnia or similar
• Database testing experience - NoSQL(MongoDB, ElasticSearch) or relational (OracleDB etc.)
• PACT or any Contract API testing experience (nice to have).
• Hands on experience using BDD framework for test implementation (nice to have).
• Docker experience(nice to have)
• Strong communication skills, leadership capabilities.
• Able to guide & mentor QA engineers.
• Good agile experience.
• Able to take up ownership of QA activities as part of a highly functional scrum team.