Senior Capacity Operation Engineer
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
What you get to do in this role:
- Manage, monitor, and manipulate the server farm behind ServiceNow’s cloud
- Work directly on/with the servers to enable and optimize capacity utilization for ServiceNow’s customer base
- Enhance processes and tools necessary to simplify and provide consistent project execution
- Provide proactive management and innovation to ensure 100% success of ServiceNow cloud automation
- Intermediate to advance understanding of service and components of enterprise cloud capacity operations
- Proactively monitor and maintain site-wide Capacity demands
- Experience in fast-paced operations and engineering environments
- Good understanding of MySQL and database concepts
- Experience in DNS/DHCP and PXE boot kickstart process and bare-metal deployments
- Linux System Admin skills, preferably working knowledge on CentOS
- Develop bash or python scripts to perform repetitive operation tasks
- Basic understanding of enterprise-class server hardware e.g. Dell
- Basic understanding of storage concepts such as NFS, iSCSI
- Collaborate with partner teams to develop automation strategies and deployment processes
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Team collaboration and fit is essential
- Role requires working in 24/7 shifts on a rotational basis.
- Basic understanding of ServiceNow asset management
- Storage configuration concepts configuration and experience
- Intermediate to advanced network troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of Puppet configuration management
- Good to have Python, Linux shell scripting, Microsoft PowerShell
- Exposure in Azure is a plus