Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Ideal profile: 5 years Compliance experience,coming from Payments Industry, & Project Management experience.
This is an example of one of the job specs below from a Payments client, however I have Retail and Banking clients who are also looking for Compliance professionals to join their teams.
Included in the role but not limited to;
- Working as part of the Compliance Team, ensure that change instigated by Card scheme and other regulatory bodies are detected and reacted to appropriately.
- Reaction to change will require full project lifecycle management from analysis to implementation. A significant portion of change encountered will be time critical, with which require strict resource management.
- To act as 3rd line support to other business areas to analyse and help resolve issues that may arise as a consequence of production processing or client query.
- Where required, work individually or as part of a team on new product development or platform enhancement projects. Such projects will also require full life cycle management.
- Liaise and nurture relationships with clients, Card Scheme representatives and other external bodies in order to;
- Solicit information regarding issues, requirements and market trends
- Periodic reviews or workshops
- Define and implement new product
- Support business units (Marketing, Professional Services etc.) in researching and providing key business knowledge.
- Communicate to relevant departments the compliance rules as laid down by the card schemes and ensure that they are fully aware on the implications for their job roles on an ongoing basis by facilitating training sessions as required.
- Highly self motivated, with ability to work on own initiative in a fast moving environment.
- Strong analytical abilities both from a business and technical perspective. Candidates must be able to competently extract the essence and impact from related documentation, with a focus on quality with attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise tasks in order to deliver them in a timely fashion.
- Project management capabilities. Including;
- Competency in creation of project documentation, including business and technical requirements to exacting standards.
- Confidence to chair project meetings and deliver presentations in a clear and purposeful manner
- Manage internal and external resources
- Strong technical skills to support analysis and investigation. Candidates should possess an aptitude that will allow them to analyse data or technical symptoms in order to understand issues or trends.
- Familiarity with tools like SQL and the ability to interpret raw data are a pre-requisite.
- The ability to run core company applications in order to analyse impact of change or to investigate scenario based reaction will be needed, but training will be given.
- An in depth background in the Payments industry is required. Applicants should have a working knowledge of the concepts and terminology that is pertinent to the Acquiring business.
- 3rd Level qualification in Business/IT or related discipline
- 3 years or more experience in the Payments sector, preferable in the acquiring field of business.
- 3-5 years plus previous experience in bankcard/payments industry.
- Experience in dealing with card scheme associations.
- Minimum of 5 years working in an analytical environment
- Experience of some analysis and project management methodologies.
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously while minimising cost.