Our client, a global financial services organisation, is hiring an Senior Consultant to join their dynamic Technology Risk Consulting team. This role is located in Dublin. This role is a great opportunity for an individual who is seeking to progress their career. On a day to day basis you will have the opportunity to drive engagements focused on areas including cybersecurity, data protection, ERP advisory, resiliency. You will be part of a pool of Technology Risk specialists reporting to the manager(s) responsible for each assignment. One manager will be responsible for your mentoring, performance assessment and career development. As part of the Technology Risk Team, you will be expected to develop specialist expertise and actively market our services.
There are opportunities to travel within Ireland and the UK as well as on international assignments.
Your key responsibilities
· Assessing clients IT environments and IT-related business processes that support the financial statements to determine the extent to which reliance can be placed on the internal control environment
· Identifying and remediating control and performance gaps compared to leading practice, helping clients gain stakeholder buy-in, reduce risk, and increase value and visibility of IT cost
· Assisting organisations in the identification and management of information security risks by assessing the current state, prioritising improvements and conducting projects to reduce risk and improve regulatory compliance
· Identifying and managing privacy and data protection risks and compliance requirements, working across our clients organisations to help meet stakeholder expectations and requirements.
Within the context of client engagements, specific responsibilities include:
· Planning, budgeting and delivering engagement for review by Technology Risk Managers or Senior Managers
· Gaining an understanding of the clients IT applications and infrastructure to determine the effectiveness of the control environment through performing and reviewing process walkthroughs
· Reviewing detailed analysis of the control environment to gain assurance over effective operation of controls
· Identifying control weaknesses and any mitigating controls
· Reviewing working papers and supporting evidence in line with internal compliance requirements
· Effectively articulating control findings to key client stakeholders.
Skills and attributes for success
As a Technology Risk Senior you should hold an
· IT or accounting qualification and have at least 2 years’ experience in IT internal audit, IT financial audit or IT risk management. This is likely to have been gained in external audit, internal audit, IT consulting or within an IT department.
· The role will require strong IT / business risk and control assessment skills
You’ll have knowledge and experience of one or more of the following areas:
· IT internal audit
· Information security / cybersecurity
· IT SOX
· Third party reporting, e.g. SOC1, AAF 01/06, SOC2
· IT Risk framework development or execution
· T Controls design and/ or assessment
One or more of the following would be an advantage:
· Accounting or Internal Audit qualifications
· Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA) qualification
· Knowledge of IT industry practice methodologies (e.g. CobiT, ITIL) is preferable
· Experience of Windows, Oracle, SQL or UNIX environments
If you have a genuine passion for IT Risk and want to work alongside some of the industries most talented individuals, this is the role for you.
You will be rewarded with a strong remuneration package and excellent career progression opportunities within an innovative, forward-thinking organisation.
Please apply now and we will be in touch to arrange a confidential discussion.