QS/Cost Manager for a multimillion Euro construction delivery programme
My Client is distinctive in the work they do, the clients they serve, and the people they attract.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects within our experienced Cost Management team.
Realise Your Potential. A supportive team structure will provide you with ongoing coaching, support and training as required.
Deliver Value for Our Clients. Our clients are at the heart of what we do – we focus on delivering high quality projects and services for a range of clients in a number of sectors.
Explore Diverse Opportunities. My client offesr a range of options to you, from the kind of projects you work on to the sector that you serve.
- Manage the following processes in Ireland to ensure the project Costs of Works are at or below market rates:
- Project Cost Estimating
- Project-specific contractor selection
- Contractor bidding and procurement
- Cost benchmarking and analysis
- Contractor cost negotiation
- Project budget development and value for money proof
- Client presentation and review of project budgets and fee proposals
- Securing client agreement to project budget and fee proposals
- Contractor negotiations regarding terms and conditions
- Manage contractor invoice approvals and control final accounts
- Monthly cost reporting preparation
- Develop close working relationship with the Client project and construction managers, especially regarding project scope definition, specification and design.
- Analyze and validate contractor bid pricing received vs Schedule of Rates (SOR), Last Paid Price (LPP), and external industry-standard cost benchmark data.
- Ad hoc duties as required
- Essential – minimum of 1 - 7 years’ experience of quantity surveying and cost management.
- Preferred – experience of project cost proposal development and cost management for projects with a high technical engineering content is a distinct advantage.
- Preferred – experience of project cost proposal development and cost management for projects in a large semiconductor manufacturing environment is a distinct advantage.
- Ability to manage multiple work assignments simultaneously, manage multiple or conflicting priorities, and handle a high-pressure working environment.
- Outstanding client relationship management skills with great client focus.
- Candidate must demonstrate personal impact and gravitas, with high velocity & speed of response and a proactive, 'can-do' attitude.
- Positive, solution-oriented communications and a willingness to take responsibility.
- A person that can develop strong trust-based relationships with both subcontractors and Client representatives
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org