The deliverables of the Senior Scientist role include:
• Providing technical leadership in the development of scalable and cost-effective fermentation processes for microbial products
• Planning and conducting fermentation research and experiments to improve the yield of desirable biomass and bioactivities of various beneficial bacteria and fungi
• Producing high quality materials through fermentation for formulation and field development
• Developing process SOPs and specifications for scale up and manufacture
• Collaborating with other scientists, and technicians in molecular/microbiology, field development and formulation.
• Management of key milestones for a number of research projects
• Development of technical reports and presentation of data to team members and other stakeholders, including company executives
As nature never stops flexibility will be an important feature of this role.
• MSc in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g. Biotechnology, Microbial Fermentation, Microbiology, Biochemistry, etc.)
• PhD in a biochemical or biotechnological area will be highly desirable.
• Proven industry experience working with fermentation processes, media development, scale-up and analytical methods is required for this position.
• Proven experience in optimisation of Fermentations for a variety of microorganisms (Bacterial, yeast (recombinant) and Fungal)
• Trouble-shooting skills in the context of fermentation and downstream processing
• Project management experience is required
• A proven track record in research will be advantageous.
Other Significant Role Requirements:
• Must be flexible in terms of working hours to ensure deliverables are achieved on time.
• It is required that the Senior Scientist holds a driving license to travel in order to achieve deliverables.
For more information and to apply for this role please call Zoe on +353 1 2784671 or e-mail email@example.com
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. Tel: +353 1 2784671